Well a few months ago I got the screen of death…..or at least my computer did. One of the things I ended up losing was my Bucket List. I’m one of those people that makes a list for everything: todo Work, todo Weekend, todo when I get home, to pack for vacay, grocery list, and my infamous–list of todo in the bigger city (this one can get pretty big as we don’t go very often)………you get the idea.
My Bucket List is the fun list.
Did you ever see the movie “The Bucket List” with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman? I started mine right after. Anyone else have a Bucket List?
Well here’s mine….. (I may never have the $$ to do it all….but damn, I’m going to try!)
Bucket List (revised 2012)
Parasail (tandem with David)
2. Italy-Go back to the Amalfi Coast and stay in a cliff side house with a view, take a cooking course
at Mamma Agata’s in Ravello
3. Spain-tour around and eat eat eat like Gwyneth Paltrow did with Mario Batali and others in “Spain…on the road again”, stay in Ronda, see the Alhambra in Granada, stay in a villa in the hills where you can see across to Africa
4. Germany-Rhine/Moselle River cruise/Neuchwanstein castle/Romantic Road, buy a cuckoo clock
5. Amsterdam-Tattoo from Rob Deut
6. Tahiti-Buy a black pearl & stay at least 1 night in an overwater bungalow
7. Costa Rica-to see monkeys, cloud forest canopy tour, & volcano
8. Argentina- Wine tour
9. South American cruise
10. Provence & Loire Valley-balloon ride over the chateau’s, see lavender/sunflower fields
11. New Orleans-plantation tour
See Sarah Brightman in concert (almost there! I have tickets to her concert in October/13)
13. See all the Cirque du Soleil shows –this may never happen as they keep coming up with more 🙂
Fly over the Grand Canyon
15. To have a home with a hilltop view & a pool
16. To create a beautiful landscaped yard
17. To have an Italian ceramic Rooster sitting in my kitchen
18. Food tour of Italy
19. Food tour of France
20. To have a Provence Blue french La Cornue range (La Cornufe might be more realistic….but even that’s a big order)….maybe I should try cooking on one first 😛
21. To see a hot air balloon festival
22. Grizzly tour in BC to watch them feed on salmon
23. Tofino/Ucluelet, BC-to stay during storm season (I saw it years ago on a tv show “Best Places to Kiss” and have always wanted to go back to see it during the wild storm season)
24. Morocco-stay in a Riad/ride a camel
25. Carmel, CA-stay in a B&B/drive the coast/explore
Go to Montreal
27. East coast US/Canada cruise
28. Take up Yoga again
29. To own a pair of Chie Mihara shoes
30. Go Glamping
31. Australia and New Zealand wine tour & to see the 12 Apostles
32. To go to Germany for the Christmas Markets!!
33. Go to Bali…ride an elephant
34. Go to the Smithsonian
35. To see a Tall Ships Festival
36. Learn Spanish
37. Connect with friends more often
38. Get back in touch with myself-don’t stress, stretch lots, breathe, move!
39. Go to Hawaii-see the lava flow into the water, visit waterfalls, go to a luau, watch the surfers ride the crazy waves!
40. Host a cookie exchange at Christmas
41. Host a ladies Garden Party and have everyone dress the part
42. To make an icecream the way I always wanted to do when I was little
(sometimes it’s the simple things in life)
43. To have a cool chicken coop with beautiful coloured chickens for egg laying (once they get too old for egg laying I’d be in trouble because by then they’d all have names and would come when called haha….no chicken dinners would be happening 😛 )Eggs!
44. To host House Concerts in our home
45. Go on a girl’s only retreat to Debbie Travis’s estate in Tuscany!
46. Meet Oprah Winfrey….or at least see her in person 😛
47. See Britney Spears “Piece of Me” in Vegas
Here’s some of what I’ve crossed off (original list gone and this is what I remember):
Fly over Fort McMurray(my Birthday present this year)
Have a giant breed dog
Go to Jamaica
Amalfi Coast of Italy
Go to Paris
Have a house/garden/dog and someone to share it all with
To have a home somewhere exotic
Meet Martha Stewart
Take a look at what inspired me:
Now are You ready to make YOUR Bucket List??
NOTE: The Bucket List keeps GROWING!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.