This one is from Gwyneth Paltrow’s blog (click on her photo until you get to her blog), and while I think there are good ideas, I also think you have to have some $$ to make the comfort part happen. Check out the Rimowa luggage! ♥ but the pricetag is too rich for me….especially with the baggage people I tend to run into 😛
Some key ones for me are:
1. Get the 1st row, exit, or aisle seats whenever you can because they have the most leg room
2. Walk around at least once per hour to stretch and keep the blood flow (potty break time)
3. Drink lots of water (or juice)
4. Use a travel pillow for naps (eye mask too if you like….although I have a hard time using them myself)
5. Headphones-they help to tune everyone around you out (or at the very least earplugs)
6. Eat light prior to boarding and bring your own snacks on board (fruit, protein bars)
7. Dress for comfort and in layers (that doesn’t mean sloppy…I agree with GP’s blog on this point!)
8. Bring some entertainment (book, music, etc)
9. Remove contacts and wear your glasses on long flights as the air is very drying and they’ll feel very gritty and uncomfortable
10. Have a toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, lip balm, eye drops, & even saline nose gel handy to freshen up with. You’ll feel better and not dried out. Make sure to do your freshen up about an hour before arrival time as you can beat the rush to the washrooms & the fasten seat belt sign!
Now if I could only look this good when I arrive!!