There’s a very nice lady not too far from us that because of our work schedule, drives the 2 youngest kids to school when she takes her daughter. As an end of the year thank you, I’m baking her one of my favourite recipes. It’s rich, moist, delicious…..and not for the faint hearted calorie counters out there!
1. Preheat oven to 350F and depending on type of bundt pan, grease and dust with cocoa powder (read NOTE at bottom of link for type of baking pan I now use).
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, mix the next 3 ingredients. Add Kahlua mix, stirring until smooth.
3. Stir in optional ingredients if you wish to add them.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes (dependant on type of pan used and oven. Check if done by inserting toothpick-if it comes out clean-remove from oven).
I don’t think this cake needs icing as it is extremely moist and full of flavour as it is. In the past I’ve added a dusting of cocoa powder or icing sugar when plated and ready to serve….it makes it that much more special 😉
An interesting read on Layer Cake wine.