adj. hap·pi·er, hap·pi·est
1. Characterized by good luck; fortunate.
2. Enjoying, showing, or marked by pleasure, satisfaction, or joy.
3. Being especially well-adapted; felicitous: a happy turn of phrase.
4. Cheerful; willing: happy to help.
When writing my profile for this blog I started to think about what makes me happy. I jotted it all down, then forgot about it until the other day when I was cleaning out files on my computer. Reading through it was a reminder to make a conscience effort to experience the things on my list–often.
I’m a firm believer that we create our own happiness. How easy is that?!
We can either make ourselves happy or decide to live in a “woe is me” state. Why anyone would CHOOSE to be unhappy is beyond my understanding. I think everyone should make a “HAPPY” list and use it as their mantra for living 🙂
• Security of: home, relationship, job
• being creative (or artsy fartsy as I like to call it)
• Burning candles
• being with happy and positive people
• Researching on the Internet (the next getaway, style for the home, recipes)
• Sharing ideas
• Having a fire going
• Glass of wine relaxing
• Bubble baths
• Listening to the ocean
• Watching the ocean
• saying “hello” to someone with a big smile on my face
• Listening to the birds
• Seeing a wild animal
• The wind
• the colour and smell of a canola field
• Enjoying something tasty
• Exploring a new city
• sunny days
• wrapping up in a fuzzy blanket
• a simple picnic
• accomplishing something
• alone time
• an awe inspiring view
• finding something good at a flea market or antique store & “saving” it
• being loved by my furbabies
• making things for people
• planting flowerbeds and watching them grow & bloom
• feeding the birds & squirrels (making a small difference in their lives-easier)
• creating a comfortable and welcoming home environment
Of course, with every positive is a negative. I try to avoid these as much as possible, but sometimes life being what it is………..it’ll find you regardless.
I say “Run Forrest, RUNNNNN!!!!” haha
• my own negativity or from others around me
• not being heard
• watching the news or a movie that “ruins my psyche” (leaves me with a bad feeling)
…..and a lot of other things I’m sure, but who wants to give too much thought to that!?!
Think about what makes YOU feel good. What gives you that sense of bliss, happiness, “inner peace”, joy?
You must be logged in to post a comment.