I was in the mood for some stuffed peppers and thought I’d try it using ground turkey for something a bit healthier. I did my usual google for a recipe and found this and thought it looked good 🙂
1. Heat oven to 400F. Spray oil in a saute pan and heat on medium. Add onion and saute for a minute before adding the garlic for another minute.
2. Add ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cook through.
3. Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add cooked rice
5. Wash and cut the peppers in 1/2 lengthwise, removing all seeds. Place on parchment lined baking sheet. Spoon mix into the peppers in a heaping mound.
6. Bake for 30 minutes. Add shredded cheese and bake for another 5-7.
NOTE: I didn’t have a few of the ingredients from the original recipe (1 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley/1 tsp cumin powder) and am a fly by the seat of my pants cook in the kitchen so went ahead in making it anyway. The recipe still turned out awesome and will make it again in the future….with the 2 ingredients missed this time. You can’t miss what you don’t know so we were happy eating it!